Frisco ISD given superior score by TEA

Remi Williams

The monthly board meeting is being held Monday from 6:30-7:30 p.m. On the agenda are a resolution on chaplains in school, the 2023-24 improvement plan, and more.

Caroline Caruso, Editor-in-Chief

The Texas Education Agency released accountability rating grades for Texas districts Monday, with Frisco ISD receiving a superior “overall” score in three domains: Student Achievement, School Progress, and Closing the Gaps. 

Each rating is determined by district EOC results, graduation rates, college decisions, and career and military readiness outcomes. 

“We know the true effectiveness of our schools is measured by our ability to develop students who can embrace challenges, innovate and contribute to the changing world around them,” Superintendent Dr. Mike Waldrip said in a recent Frisco ISD news release.

Frisco ISD remains the largest district in North Texas to receive the ‘A’ rating. Thus, enrollment in Frisco schools continues to increase yearly as families take notice. 

“Families want to feel confident in the schools their children attend everyday and schools want to share their successes,” associate deputy superintendent Dr. Wes Cunningham said in a recent Frisco ISD news release. “Accountability to students and the community is an important part of public education.”

Nevertheless, FISD district officials aim to relay the message that students are much more than the letter grade which was released by TEA.

While we are proud of all that our students and teachers have accomplished, it’s impossible to summarize their success in a letter grade,” Waldrip said.