Theatre takes the stage for UIL Play

Junior Hanah Simmons and fellow thespians meet with family and friends following performance.

Henry Youtt, Managing Editor

The whole cast has spent months memorizing lines from the script and practicing blocking to make sure their performance exhibited the work the put in.
The whole cast has spent months memorizing lines and practicing blocking to make sure the performance exhibited the work they put in.

Young student actors and actresses from the Theater Department competed in UIL One Act Play this Monday after their performance in the auditorium last Thursday. Not placing as a full cast, the actors will not advance further into the contest season. At competition, Juniors Andrew Woodward and Tallon Rock were awarded spots on the All Star Cast while senior Paris Freeman received the Technical Award for Costume Design.

“We had an amazing journey and fantastic results yesterday,” Stephanie Winters said via email. “It is short and intense and we appreciate [our supporters’] help. Almost our entire cast received acting awards.”

Additional awards include spots on the Honorable Mention All Star Cast going to senior Katherine Hogan, junior Hanah Simmons, junior Marco Pena, junior Tyler Cheatham, sophomore Hailey Middleton, sophomore Katie Mark, and freshman Maya Koch.