White out at the Nest

Hector Varela

Coming off district champs, the Redhawk volleyball team is set to face Frisco in the first round of playoffs. The bi-district championship is on Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. at Panther Creek High School.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

Back on the court, the Redhawks are filling the stands for a white out theme game when they go head to head with the Prosper Rock Hill Blue Hawks Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Nest.

After going 3-6 in the NISD Volleyball Classic over the weekend, the team is focusing on what to improve for Tuesday’s game.

“We are working on improving winning long rallies, and being able to have stamina throughout an entire game,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “I am expecting our team to work together really well and for us to pull out a win.”

Similarly to Dobbins, senior Mandy Duckworth believes keeping stamina and winning long rallies will be key to a win against the Blue Hawks.

“We are working on finishing long rallies which was what we struggled with during the tournament, we needed better stamina to finish a long point,” Duckworth said. “We are expecting to come out and fight and be persistent until we win.”