College representatives set up on campus

Caroline Attmore

With college applications on the horizon, Frisco ISD is hosting their second Find Your Future Night event. It will take place on Tuesday at Memorial High School.

Jordan Battey, Social Media Manager

In an effort to motivate and assist students with their post-high school journeys, representatives from a variety of universities have set up booths in the cafeteria during all lunches in an effort to broaden student’s horizons.

“[It’s] is very beneficial because you can talk to a plethora of different colleges, from small to large, public to private,” University of Missouri  Representative Chelsea Burgard said. “You can really get a sense of what each campus offers. I think that students don’t really know what’s out there until they ask questions and dig deeper into what they are passionate about. The people who work with these colleges can offer really good insight into what is out there. We can match your interests with a possible degree.”

Having various college and universities on campus will help highlight the many different paths that students may take once they graduate.

“[The] week shows students all of the opportunities that are available for them,” counselors’ clerk Shannon Webre said. “We have military and trade school representatives as well, so students get everything at their disposal to help them make a decision.”

To A&M Corpus Christi representative Danette Hibner, the timing of this decision process is everything.

“We have a lot of students that wait until senior year, and it just becomes overwhelming,” Hibner said. “If they pace themselves and start visiting colleges as soon as sophomore year, they give themselves more chances to research different schools and narrow down their best choices by senior year.”