Spanish students to get third teacher

Pre-AP Spanish students will be getting their third teacher of the year as Wednesday is the last day for long term sub Victoria Gudino.

Dea-Mallika Divi

Eun Jae Kim, Guest Contributor

During the course of a school year, students often get to know their teacher. However, the students in PAP Spanish 2 are about to meet their third teacher of the year.

After the original Spanish teacher Ana Salinas left in the fall, a long-time sub, Victoria Gudino, was quick to replace her. However, Wednesday is the last day she is teaching the class.

“My favorite part about Liberty has to be how the class periods are 1 hour and 30 minutes because we get to spend more time with the students,” Gudino said. “After I leave Liberty, I plan on subbing around FISD and by next year, I’ll hopefully get a job with FISD.”

Despite getting their third teacher of the year school year, some students don’t seem to have any problems adjusting.

“It’s fine,” sophomore Coleman Wise said. “I have a good relationship with all of them so I feel like I get to spend time with each one and learn better.”

That’s not the case for freshman Rachel Guo.

“It does affect my academic performance because each teacher’s teaching style is different,” Guo said. “That affects my grades since I don’t specifically know what the teacher is looking for and what she thinks is more important accuracy wise. Also, they all have a different grading scale.”

Amanda Bainbridge, the head of the LOTE department, acknowledged this is a rare case.

“Yes, it is rare occasion [when] we have to change teachers like 3 or 4 times,” Bainbridge said. “I have a meeting with the other teachers that teach Spanish 2, and I am in the process of learning about what they are teaching [at the moment].”