Frisco ISD hosts Find Your Future Night

Jay Schlaegel

Frisco ISD is hosting Find Your Future Night Monday at Centennial and Wakeland. Students have the opportunity to hear from representatives at private and selective schools, as well as at Big Ten schools.

Nishil Gummadi, Guest Contributor

Juniors and seniors will have the opportunity to speak with representatives from different colleges and organizations at Frisco ISD’s Find Your Future Night. The event for private and selective schools will be held from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Wakeland High School, and the event for Big Ten schools will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Centennial High School.

For many students, such as senior Grayson Farese, the opportunity to speak with representatives from various colleges provides an opportunity to gain an inside look into what schools will be the right fit.

“Going to college night is going to be really helpful because being able to talk to different representatives from colleges makes it a lot easier to help understand where will be the best spot for me and what major or minor will be the most helpful for my education,” Farese said.

The event’s timing also works out well for many seniors as they finalize what colleges they want to apply to and work on college applications.

“Talking to different college representatives will help me better understand the morals and values of colleges and will help me figure out a place where I’ll feel at home and supported,” senior Erin Guarisco said. “And I’ll just enjoy my four years and further my college experience.”