Find Your Future Night for Texas schools held Thursday

Caroline Attmore

Frisco ISD is hosting the next event in their series of Find Your Future Nights on Tuesday. The event focuses on Texas schools.

Sophie Huang, Guest Contributor

Researching colleges in the Lone Star state is going to be delivered to the doorstep of Frisco ISD students on Tuesday at Find Your Future Night for Texas Schools from 6:00–8:00 p.m at Reedy High School.

“[The event gives you] the opportunity to be closer to the schools you want to go to,” senior Olivia Aghamie said. “[You can] ask them more personal questions that you can’t ask your counselors and that is really helpful.”

For many students planning to stay in state, such as junior Samiya Sahu, an event with a focus on Texas schools holds more value than previous Find Your Future Nights.

“It’s just because the colleges that [were] going to be there, I [didn’t] really know those colleges and I’m not planning to go to those colleges,” Sahu said. “Some of them are out of state and I plan on staying in state so I would rather talk to the colleges in state.”

Additionally, many seniors see the event as a way to gain information about colleges they’re applying to.

“I just learned about it [and] I’m definitely interested in it,” junior Sahana Raghuraman said. “I’ll try my best to attend because I feel like it’s very important to know about the universities, to be educated on them, before applying.”