District championship on the line for volleyball

Liberty Yearbook Nasir

Getting a head start on their fall season, the volleyball has been on the court practicing since June. With various camps and skills sessions, the players are doing all they can to prepare for a successful season.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

The Redhawk volleyball team hosts the Lebanon Trail Trail Blazers on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. for possibly their final District 10-5A game.

If the Redhawks win on Tuesday they will be crowned district champions, but if they fall to the Trail Blazers they will have to face them again on Friday to determine the number one seed from District 10-5A.

“We have been practicing our offensive adjustments and watching film on Lebanon Trail,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “I feel confident in us, we keep improving and are playing better and better. Lebanon Trail is a really solid team though, so we will have to work really hard.”

For the seniors on the team, this game means their final game at The Nest.

“I am just hoping to give it my all tonight knowing it’s the last district game I will ever play in high school,” senior McKenna Gildon said. “I really just want to lead the team to a win and leave it all on the court.”

The team swept the Trail Blazers earlier in the season, and is aiming for the same results on Tuesday. 

“The team needs to be confident but relaxed to win,” Dobbins said. “We play our best when we are focusing on the current point, and when we have consistent communication.”