Frisco Square showcases student work

Art teacher Jeb Matulich displays his companys merchandise at the annual Arts in the Square.

provided by Jeb Matulich

Art teacher Jeb Matulich displays his company’s merchandise at the annual Arts in the Square.

Reilly Martens, Staff Reporter

Frisco Square’s annual event, Arts in the Square, which allows students the chance to feature their artwork, is Saturday and Sunday.

Art teacher Jeb Matulich will be submitting some of his art students’ work and will also have a tent set up for his apparel company Tumbleweed Texstyles along with business partner and ISM instructor Brian Wysong.

“What’s cool about it is that so many people come to this event,” Matulich said. “And it’s neat for the students to have their work in front of so many people.”

For ceramics student Nathan Iturrino this sort of competition is a chance to receive credit that can otherwise go unnoticed.

“It would be a good way for each student to express themselves and have their art appreciated by others,” Irurrino said.

Fellow art teacher Fred Rodriguez appreciates the opportunity to celebrate and bridge the differences in amateur and professional art.

“It’s promoting the Frisco ISD’s student artwork in our city,” Rodriguez said. “But also combining professional artists who do it for a living and then kind of bringing those worlds together.”