Tennis continues spring season at Plano West

Senior Adarsh Melukote and the rest of the tennis team will be playing in the Plano West tournament on Friday. The tournament is the teams last chance to get ready for the district tournament April 5-6.

Sarah Philips

Senior Adarsh Melukote and the rest of the tennis team will be playing in the Plano West tournament on Friday. The tournament is the team’s last chance to get ready for the district tournament April 5-6.

Arman Kafai, Lead Sports Reporter

The tennis team is continuing its spring season tournament schedule on Friday, as they travel to Plano West.

The spring tennis season consists of tournaments, with players focusing on themselves as they try to earn a bid to the state tournament at Texas A&M in May. The tournaments prep the players and help them develop chemistry for doubles.

“The tournaments are very important in helping with seeding information,” head tennis coach Erica Dobson said. “It also helps doubles players gel.”

With a new season, new lineups are being thrown around in hopes of putting together a winning combination, as  districts are also around the corner.

“We have experimented with the lineups this year to help find the best teams,” Dobson said.  “Hopefully, this gives us the best chance to get the most students out of our district.”