Thursday specials become special with Red Rhythm

Provided by Hannah Beeler

Red Rhythm spent Thursday helping out with Anderson Elementary’s specials in the art, music, and wellness classes as well as in the library with stem activities.

Hannah Beeler, Staff Reporter

Red Rhythm leapt into the community Thursday at Anderson Elementary as they helped out with the school’s specials classes.

“Red Rhythm has a good working relationship with the librarian at Anderson and we have done stem activities in the library with students in the past in smaller groups,” director Nicole Nothe said. “I thought it would be a good idea to expand on that so that more of the team could experience working with Anderson students rather than just small groups. And so I thought if we were all there we could just divide and conquer and help out with all of their special classes.”

The team helped out in the art, music, and wellness classes as well as in the library with stem activities.

“I hope that all of the elementary kids at Anderson had a really good and fun day,” sophomore Lauren Pratt said. “I know that I always looked forward to specials days and getting to rotate through all of the specials. I hope they had fun hanging out with us and getting to know us as well.”

For some Red Rhythm members, the day was a blast from the past.

“I was excited to have fun doing the activities with the kids and my fellow RR members,” sophomore Morgan Sales said. “As well as getting to see some of my old teachers.”

This day is one of many community outreach events Red Rhythm has done so far this year and freshman Adani Adams believes that they are something important for the team to do.

“I think it is important for RR to do these types of events because it gets the team out there and gets people knowing who RR really is,” Adams said. “I hope the students get to see that RR is a very welcoming organization and leave them with the last memory and hope of joining the team when they get to high school.”