Boys’ golf places third at district tournament

The boys golf team poses after placing third in the district tournament. Senior golfer and Sonoma State commit Chase Fritz will advance to the regional tournament, where he will compete to go to state.

Arman Kafai, Head Sports Reporter

The boys’ golf team took third overall in the District 9-5A tournament, with senior Chase Fritz advancing to the regional round.

“I played very well the first day and had a really good chance to go for the win on the second day,” Fritz said. “Even though I didn’t win, I tried not to think about making it through and just worried about my own game. The course that regionals is played on is a course you can really go low on if you’re hitting the ball solid. I look forward to giving it all I got next week in hopes I have a chance to play for the state title.”

Players were disappointed at the result, as many wanted to advance to the regional round but fell just short.

“We played hard and didn’t give up,” junior Max Miles said. “The field played extremely well. It was an unexpected and disappointing loss.”

However, the younger players on the team are grateful for the experience, and hope to use it for the next year.
“I learned a lot at regionals last year and districts this year,” sophomore Cole Enlow said.  “There is still plenty of time to achieve one of my goals to make it to state.”