Art students create cards to say thank you

As a way to say thank you to the college representatives that visit the school, Art 1 students created pop-up thank you cards.

Ariela Rodrigues

Ariela Rodrigues, Guest Contributor

Almost every week, representatives from either a college or the armed forces visit the school during lunches. As a way to say thank you, Art 1 students are making pop-up cards for each of the representatives.

“Well the cards were thank you notes that we’re going to the colleges that have come to liberty to present and give information about their school’s,” art teacher Pernie Fallon said. “So it’s really a personal way to say thank you rather than just on and email. Everyone came up with so many amazing different ways to make their cards pop and to say thank you with that.”

The idea of making the pop up cards can be traced to counselor secretary Shannon Webre.

“I wanted to have the student to have the opportunity to showcase what they have done in their art classes and I thought it would be a nice touch for the college representatives that are coming to have something personal from Liberty,” Webre said. “This idea just popped in my head that afternoon. Again, it was just something I was trying to think of ways that we could showcase the students art and their strengths and I knew I was gonna do thank you notes for the representatives but I knew that the students would do a better job than I would.”

It was something most of the students enjoyed.

“I think it’s good to do a pop-up card and make it more creative to give to the colleges,” freshman Alexis Vasquez said. “I think it was really fun to be creative and just get to do different things than just writing a simple thank you card.”