Snowy spirit days on campus for Winter Formal

Rachel Kim

Students on campus, such as seniors Urooj Qureshi and Samantha Natividad, have taken part in dress up days as Winter Formal approaches Saturday. The themes include: Take A Nap Tuesday, White Out Wednesday, Thermal Thursday, and Fuzzy Sock Friday.

Rachel Kim, Staff Reporter

With the school’s first Winter Formal quickly approaching on Saturday, Student Council has prepared for the campus’ new dance with various dress-up days in order to create excitement and thrill. 

“We wanted to use [dress-up days] as a way to advertise the dance along with getting people excited for Winter Formal,” Student Council President Anna Lyon said. “We looked at themes that people have enjoyed in the past, such as Pajama Day, and we also tried new themes that fit the Winter Formal kind of feeling, like Thermal Thursday.” 

For senior Lily Peinhardt, having different days to dress up brings in an atmosphere of excitement for herself as well as other students on campus. 

“I am excited to dress up and see everyone else dress up each day leading up to the Winter Formal on Saturday,” Peinhardt said. “It certainly adds some thrill to the week and excites people before Winter Formal.”

Similarly, junior Sophie Yang believes that the addition of dress-up days for the Winter Formal allows students to be creative and thrilled for another school event. 

“I really like the idea of having another week full of dress-up days as I love seeing different students dressed up while walking in the hallways between classes,” Yang said. “Having a theme to dress up each day seems like a fun way to get people excited about Winter Formal.”