Academic Decathlon advances to state meet

provided by Athena Tseng

The Academic Decathlon Team competed at the regional tournament Saturday. They finished 8th in the region and are advancing to the state meet in San Antonio at the end of February.

Athena Tseng, Editor-In-Chief

The Academic Decathlon Team competed at the regional tournament Saturday. As a team, they finished 8th in the region and are advancing to the state meet in San Antonio at the end of February.

“I’m happy with how the competition went,” president senior Shrenick Gannamani said. “Collectively we secured a lot of hardware, placed 7th in what I believe is the most competitive region in the state, and punched our ticket for a return trip to San Antonio.”

Students used many ways to prepare for this tournament.

“I took the AcDec class and I used a TTS reader to aide in me reading the resource guides,” junior Dhwani Mittal. “It allowed me to not only do other things like the dishes or exercising while studying but it kept me from being distracted or zoning out while studying.”Going into the state meet, the team has plans to be sure to achieve their goals.

“We’re gonna take the rest of the weekend off,” Gannamani said. “Maybe keep this first post-region week a little light, and then the grind for state begins. For a few us, including me, this is gonna be our last ever competition, and I want to have been able to go out with a bang.”