Webinar helps FISD students learn more about Dual Credit

Juniors and seniors are able to take classes with Collin College to gain college credit. To provide interested students with information regarding Dual Credit from the registration process to the courses and expectations, Frisco ISD and Collin College are hosting a joint  informational webinar Thursday from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Maddie Owens

Juniors and seniors are able to take classes with Collin College to gain college credit. To provide interested students with information regarding Dual Credit from the registration process to the courses and expectations, Frisco ISD and Collin College are hosting a joint informational webinar Thursday from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.

Rachel Kim, Staff Reporter

To provide interested students with information regarding Dual Credit from the registration process to the courses and expectations, Frisco ISD and Collin College are hosting a joint  informational webinar Thursday from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. 

“The webinar will provide an explanation of Dual Credit, share college course expectations, and highlight Collin’s Dual Credit registration process,” counselor Ryan Kiefer said. “It provides the information students need to determine if Dual Credit is appropriate for them and how to enroll.”

For junior Saanvi Bhasin, hearing about Dual Credit and the webinar allows her to consider another option for her courses and learn more about what Collin College classes have to offer.

“I heard about Dual Credit and the informational webinar from my counselors and from friends who took the class previously,” Bhasin said. “I feel that the webinar will be beneficial because it will provide information about registration, different classes, and which classes are on-campus or off-campus.”

Similarly, junior Zikra Mohammed finds that the webinar will provide many details for prospective students and that Dual Credit will give her various opportunities.

“The informational webinar is a great opportunity for everyone to learn about why Dual Credit is so beneficial and what it is,” Mohammed said. “I’m interested in Dual Credit because I feel that I can get guaranteed college credit and that I can get more experience as a high schooler in college classes than I can get through AP classes.”

As a current student in Dual Credit, senior Piper Dickson thinks that students should take the classes provided at Collin College as it can give opportunities that may not be explored in regular high school courses. 

“Dual Credit has taught me how to navigate a college course as well as prepare me for midterms and finals,” Dickson said. “Furthermore, Dual Credit helps to teach students to be more responsible when it comes to their own work.”