Get your boots ready, ACM awards to be held at the Star Thursday

The+Star+is+used+often+by+the+district%2C+with+many+events+through+the+year+hosted+there+such+as+ISM+showcase%2C+football+games%2C+and+graduation.+Now%2C+it+will+be+utilized+to+host+the+58th+ACMA+Awards+ceremony%2C+with+several+big+names+such+as+Dolly+Parton+and+Garth+Brooks+coming+into+town+to+be+a+part+of+the+ceremony.+

Frisco ISD

The Star is used often by the district, with many events through the year hosted there such as ISM showcase, football games, and graduation. Now, it will be utilized to host the 58th ACMA Awards ceremony, with several big names such as Dolly Parton and Garth Brooks coming into town to be a part of the ceremony.

Caroline Caruso, Editor-in-Chief

Students, parents, teachers, and families will be getting their boots on the field as the 2023 Academy of Country Music Awards comes to the Star Thursday evening. Being held in Frisco for the first time, area residents are getting the chance to see live performances from global superstars  such as Dolly Parton and Garth Brooks.

Junior Chinmayee Narra is proud that her hometown will be hosting the 58th year of the awards. 

“It’s kind of cool that something so nationally recognized, and for such a long time now, is being held here in our backyard,” she said. “I can’t wait to see how others think of Frisco now that we will be televised. I also think the Star is somewhere cool to host them, knowing we have also used that facility for football games and things of that nature.”

Thursday’s event may not be the last time the ACM holds its award show in Frisco according to ACM executive producer and CEO Damon Whiteside.

“We’re very excited about the new home for the show for sure,” Whiteside said to the Dallas Morning News. “We’ve been thinking about it over the last couple of years. We just really fell in love with the facility there, with The Star and with the city of Frisco. That’s our desire, is to stay in Texas. We’re obviously going to evaluate everything after the show this year, but I’m confident it’s going to be a big success.”

The addition of the ACM to Frisco’s portfolio of events and attractions isn’t a surprise to Mayor Jeff Cheney.

“The Star has evolved into a place where you can shop, dine and be entertained,” Cheney said to the Dallas Morning News. “Besides being a state-of-the-art practice facility for the Dallas Cowboys, the Ford Center has hosted high school graduations, football and soccer games, as well as charitable events, concerts and soon the Academy of Country Music Awards.”