FFA prepares to conquer state

Julie Anderson

Members of the school’s FFA leadership team competed in their fall contests Tuesday, November 10, 2015.

Amber Holt, Staff Reporter

Future Farmers of America (FFA) is an agricultural education club teaching students the leadership qualities and giving individual students a path to achievement in personal growth and career success. The Farm Business Management team including senior Kristen Niekamp has been practicing every other day after school in preparation for their event.

“I am not too nervous for state,” Niekamp said. “The only worries I would have is that nerves and the new setting will cause the newer team members to not perform at their highest capability.”

FFA is a way for students interested in the agricultural field to compete and understand the dynamics of teamwork within a field of studies the students are interested in.

“My favorite part of FFA is the Career Development Events,” junior member Kade Stephens. “These contest teach skills that can be used in future careers.”

FFA sponsor Julie Anderson has been helping the students understand the concepts and gives the teams all the information that the teams need to achieve success.

“I know they will all do their personal best and we will just have to see how that compares to other teams,” Anderson said. “There’s some subjectivity to the contest so it’s hard to know for sure.”