Students leave The Nest early for final days of school

Kasey Harvey

With the final days of the school year approaching, students will all have early release on Thursday and Friday. Students will be released at 12:10 p.m.

Caroline Caruso, Editor-In-Chief

For the only time in the 2022-2023 school year, there are early release days Thursday and Friday with all students being released at 12:10 p.m. 

“Students will leave straight after second period,” attendance clerk Tracey Grenier said. “Students should follow regular departure procedures. Bus riders should expect their bus driver to arrive 10 minutes after the bell as normally expected.”

The idea of a shorter day is greatly anticipated for junior Malia Willingham. 

“I feel like at this point, there is not much any of us are doing in our classes,” she said. “I think allowing students to leave early is just more efficient because of this. I will admit, it is a bit bittersweet that I won’t be having another 3rd or 4th period after Wednesday, but at the same time, I know we are closer to summer.”

Having been a trend the past several years on campus, the half-days allow teachers to move into summer as well. 

“I like the idea of having a half-day the last 2 days of school,” fine arts teacher and cheerleading coach Kandy Stevens said. “This is something that the school has been doing for the past few years, and while it is nice for my students, especially my seniors, I also think teachers appreciate a shorter day as well. This just gives me more time to spend with my family and get ready for the summer.”