Graduation practice for seniors on Thursday

Brian Higgins

Seniors are taking the final step to prepare for graduation, with graduation practice happening Thursday. Tickets and graduation materials will be handed out at the practice.

Rachel Kim, Staff Reporter

With graduation quickly approaching on Saturday, seniors are required to attend graduation practice to prepare on Thursday at 2 p.m. in the main gym. 

“Liberty’s mandatory graduation practice is at 2 p.m. on Thursday, May 18th in the main gym,” Lead Counselor Stefanie Mueller said. “Students will [also] receive [15] graduation tickets and any cords they qualified for at the practice.”

For senior Aarya Oswal, graduation practice is helpful in better-preparing seniors for the actual ceremony. 

“Graduation practice is important because it allows us to be prepared, and reduces our risk of shock on the real day,” Oswal said. “This allows every senior to feel a sense of pride and preparedness beforehand.”

Despite the importance of attending graduation to understand the actual ceremony and receive tickets and cords, some seniors, such as Rachel Chang, feel that students should have been given their necessary materials earlier. 

“I wish we had more time because we have to physically give family and friends tickets,” Chang said. “Everyone, at least for me, lives all over the place, so two days is definitely a constraining timeline.”

Even so, graduation practice helps to signify another step closer to the actual ceremony and end of high school for many seniors. 

“Graduation rehearsal signifies a lot to me as it allows me to feel proud of myself and anticipate the real moment even more,” Oswal said. “I genuinely have waited for this graduation my whole life and the rehearsal just shows me how close I really am to accomplishing this milestone.”