March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Redemption week continues for volleyball

Liberty Yearbook Aya
With a clean sweep against Rockwall Heath on Tuesday, Redhawk volleyball hopes to continue their redemption week strong in the NISD Tournament Thursday.

The Redhawks volleyball team swept Rockwall Heath Tuesday at The Nest in a non-district redemption match from last year. 

“It was super great to beat them, we haven’t beaten them in a couple years,” head volleyball coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “So finally getting it done was awesome. We did a good job of knowing the players well on the other side of the net and being able to stop what they do best.”

Even with a win, the girls were still learning on the court, according to junior Sophie Paulk.

“I learned that when we can separate each point and focus on specific parts of the game,” Paulk said. “Our play becomes much cleaner, and we can push through tight scores, and the game will end in our favor. Super happy with the win though.”

Redemption week will continue for the Redhawks as they head to Byron Nelson for the NISD tournament Thursday through Saturday. With a fifth-place bronze division finish last year, the Redhawks seek better results this year.

“This is a really difficult tournament,” Dobbins said. “We had a rough tournament last year, but it was super helpful to our teams’ ability to fight through tough games. I hope this year we are a little bit more competitive than we were last year and upset some big teams.”

In order to finish well this year, the Redhawks will have to work on calming their game down according to junior Sophia Hung.

“I’m really excited to play competitive teams, and I hope that we can play at our highest level,” she said. “With harder teams, we will need to stay calm and play each point out.”