In this weekly blog, The Fresh Perspective, staff reporter Lea Garcia-Salazar talks about school opinions.
The Fresh Perspective: teacher burnout: a silent crisis in education
Lea Garcia-Salazar, Staff Reporter

Teachers are essential in our society; serving as educators,...

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

The goal is to win in three for Redhawk volleyball

Christine Han
Learning from Friday’s mistakes the Redhawk volleyball team looks to defeat Independence Tuesday in three sets. “We should finish in three [sets], and not [let] teams win a set randomly,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said.

With only three games left in the season, the Redhawk volleyball team hopes to finish out District 10-5A  play with a perfect record. In order to accomplish this, the team will need to beat Independence Tuesday, as they play them away at 6:30 p.m.  

“I hope to accomplish a three-set win and have multiple blocks,” junior Aziyah Farrier said. “Our biggest strength is that we play as a team and have the mindset that we can beat any team we compete against.”

In their last match, the Redhawks went to a fifth set before beating Cenntenial. Head coach Eighmy Dobbins is hoping for a bigger gap this game. 

“We did [struggle],” Dobbins said. “We should finish in three [sets], and not [let] teams win a set randomly, just finishing games as quick as possible.”

But the Knights have four strong hitters, the Redhawks will need to adapt their blocking strategies.

“They have four solid hitters, so it’s just more priority than we’re used to for our blocking and defense,” Dobbins said.