March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Featured Athlete: Laura Huang

provided by Laura Huang
Wingspan’s featured athlete for 11/1 is swimmer/diver, sophomore Laura Huang (front).

Wingspan: When and why did you start participating in the swim/dive program?

Huang: “I have been swimming ever since I was a kid, and the swim team seemed like it would be a fun environment to experience and be a part of.”

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about swimming and/or diving?

Huang: “My favorite part of swimming and diving is definitely the people! Everyone on the team as well as the divers become a family and share great memories together.”

Wingspan: Who is your biggest inspiration?

Huang: “My biggest inspirations are my coach and teammates, who always push and motivate me and the entire team to get better.”

Wingspan: How have you been preparing/practicing this season?

Huang: “We have been swimming thousands of yards every day and practicing sprinting, pacing, and technique, as well as dives and relay exchanges.” 

Wingspan: What is your goal for this season?

Huang: “ My goal for this season is to hit more A and AA times and overall get faster.”

Wingspan: How has swim/dive impacted your life?

Huang: “A lot of my closest and best friends I met through swimming, and I hang out with them often outside of school too.”

Wingspan: What has been your biggest challenge that you have had to overcome participating in swim/dive, and what is one that you still face?

Huang: “My biggest challenge that I’ve had to face were definitely the swim meets, because they’re tiring and sometimes you won’t get the time that you were hoping for. That’s still a problem that I face right now, and also waking up at 6 a.m. every day.”

Wingspan: What are you excited about this season?

Huang: “I’m excited to see the whole team get closer and achieve their best times.”

Wingspan: What are your future plans for swim/dive?

Huang: “My future plans are to stay in the team all throughout highschool to see it grow and to watch all the swimmers get closer and be happy with their decision to join, as well as hopefully have some relays and individuals to make state.”