In this weekly blog, The Fresh Perspective, staff reporter Lea Garcia-Salazar talks about school opinions.
The Fresh Perspective: teacher burnout: a silent crisis in education
Lea Garcia-Salazar, Staff Reporter

Teachers are essential in our society; serving as educators,...

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

Volleyball heads into Area Championship match

Addyson Schick
After being crowned Bi-District champions earlier in the week, Redhawk volleyball heads into their Area championship match Thursday. The team will take on Hillcrest, a team they are very familiar with.

Coming off a sweep against The Colony on Tuesday, the Redhawks volleyball heads into their second round of district play Thursday when they take on Hillcrest at 6:30p.m. at R.L.Turner High School

“The key to winning is not making mistakes and doing our jobs on the court,” sophomore Jaiden Harris said. “We also should be ready because they will probably do some weird things.”

For head coach Eighmy Dobbins, Thursday’s game brings a sense of deja vu, as the Redhawk played Hillcrest in their second round of playoffs last year. With that in mind, Dobbins believes the girls are confident.

“We played them last year in this round and we swept,” Dobbins said. “I do not think we’re nervous, we’re pretty confident and it will be a good opportunity for us to work on some things in a game-like situation.”

Jaidien agrees with Dobbins, seeing the game as an easy win.

“I am not nervous because this team is very beatable,” she said. “It’s a good game for us to play before we play Wakeland next round. I’m ready to advance to round three.”