March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Featured Athlete: Jacy Abii

provided by Jacy Abii
Wingspan’s featured athlete for 11/8 is varsity basketball player, sophomore Jacy Abii.

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing basketball?

Abii: “I started playing basketball at the age of three because my older brothers were playing and I had a lot of energy.”

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about playing basketball?

Abii: “My favorite part about basketball is the freedom and creativity in playing.”

Wingspan: Who or what is your biggest inspiration?

Abii: “My biggest inspirations are my brothers. I feel like I look up to them and want to make it for my family.”

Wingspan: How have you been preparing/practicing this season?

Abii: “For the season, we’ve been making adjustments to our new team and polishing what’s worked for us in the past.”

Wingspan: What is your goal for this season?

Abii: “My goal for the season is [to] get everyone where they want to be and put names on the charts.”

Wingspan: How has basketball impacted your life?

Abii: “Playing basketball has taught me to keep my mind on the next play. Even when we make mistakes in life, we can move on and think about what’s next.”

Wingspan: What has been your biggest challenge that you have had to overcome playing basketball, and what is one that you still face?

Abii: “My biggest challenge to overcome is being somewhere I don’t necessarily want to be, whether that be a position, a team, or even a state. I’m realizing that I have to be patient and content with where I’m at. One challenge I know I’m always gonna face is injuries.”

Wingspan: What are you excited about this season?

Abii: “I’m excited for the season mostly because we have a lot of personality on our team and it will be fun for sure this year.”

Wingspan: What are your future plans for basketball?

Abii: “My future plans for basketball are to play four years in college and make it to a point that I can make a living off the sport.”