• April 26 is a bad weather make-up day (if needed)
  • Prom tickets are on sale, and the dance is on April 13

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 4/4 is varsity track and field athlete, sophomore Cecelia Rowe.
Featured Athlete: Cecelia Rowe
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start participating...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/28 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nick Smith.
Featured Athlete: Nick Smith
Lilian Johnson, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing baseball? Smith:”I...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/21 is varsity girls’ golfer, sophomore Olivia Murphy.
Featured Athlete: Olivia Murphy
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing golf? Murphy:...

View All
Upcoming Games
Liberty
Lebanon Trail
Apr 17 /6:30 / Softball
Liberty
did not qualify
Region II-5A Tournament
Apr 17 / Girls Golf
Liberty
Memorial
Apr 19 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Regional 2-5A Championships
Apr 19 / Track and Field
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 23 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 25 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Varsity District
Apr 25 /8:00 / Tennis
April 16 Daily Update
April 16 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • April 16, 2024

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and announcements including battle of the books, Red Rhythm Spring Show, and today's sports.

Double header for golf over the weekend

Courtesy of @Redhawksgolf
Golf took on the Byron Nelson Spring Kickoff on Monday, with the girls scoring a year best of 326. “Everyone played very good golf and we were especially good around the greens,” head coach Shannon Glidwell said.

Even though the calendar is creeping towards winter, that’s not stopping the Redhawks golf team from hitting the course. On Friday and Saturday the team played in the 2023 Frisco Cup followed by the 15th Annual Redhawk Shootout on Monday.

At the 2023 Frisco Cup, the girls’ and boys’ teams finished third out of 12 teams with a total score of 598. 

“I was very happy with the team’s performance,” coach Shannon Glidwell said. “The kids played hard from start to finish, and even though we finished in 3rd place, we showed great improvement over last year’s performance, and the future looks bright.”

The girls’ team had a quick turnaround as they competed in the 15 Annual Redhawk Shootout, their last event of the fall season.

“I feel that I did pretty good and I feel that I have improved throughout last season and this first couple of weeks,” sophomore Sarah Mills said. “[During the break] I will be doing drills sent out by the coaches and preparing myself for playing in the winter and the tournaments following that time.”