March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Featured Athlete: Emory Williams

Provided by Emory Williams
Wingspan’s featured athlete for 12/07 is varsity basketball player, senior Emory Williams.

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing basketball?

Williams: “I started playing basketball when I was in the first grade and have been playing ever since. I got into basketball because of my dad, he put me on a team and then he coached me up until I was in the fifth grade.”

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about playing basketball?

Williams: “My favorite part about playing basketball is getting to watch my teammates grow as players and people and getting to experience growing as a team throughout the season.”

Wingspan: Who is your biggest inspiration and why?

Williams: “I wouldn’t say I have one, main inspiration. I’d say there’s a few people that keep me motivated and inspired to keep going and playing at 110% every day. My coaches, my family, my friends, my relationship with God, and myself. All of those keep me going in many different ways.”

Wingspan: Who is your biggest supporter?

Williams: “My biggest supporter is probably my dad. He’s the one who got me into basketball in the first place, and I know that I would not be where I am as a player and person today if it wasn’t for him.”

Wingspan: What has been your biggest challenge with basketball?

Williams: “My biggest challenge with basketball has honestly been continuing to play throughout all of the years I’ve been playing. It has gotten more and more difficult each year, but keep up with it, and not quitting has been one of my favorite accomplishments.”

Wingspan: What has basketball taught you?

Williams: “Basketball has taught me a lot about being a leader and working with a group of people to reach an ultimate goal. I feel I’ve grown as a stronger leader more and more every year I’ve been playing, especially in high school.”

Wingspan:  What do you hope to accomplish this season?

Williams: “I hope to have a winning season and reach playoffs.”

Wingspan: What is your future with basketball after high school?

Williams: “I will no longer be playing basketball after high school. I made the decision to stop playing after high school a little while ago. So I’ve just been making the most of each season since then.”