March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Wrestling looks to get back on track

Courtesy of @RedhawksWrestle
After poor results in their last meet, the Redhawks wrestling team is back at it on Wednesday for their second tri-meet of the season. “We had a really tough dual to start the year, so we’ve had a lot more competitions to prepare us ready for this one,” head coach Justin Koons said.

Redhawks Wrestling hosts Little Elm and Dallas Adamson in their second tri-meet of the season Wednesday, hoping to bounce back from middling results in their last tournament

“We are very low on our weight classes but we’re hoping that we’ll win most of our matches because if we win most of our matches we win against the tri,” sophomore Dani Banks said. “We have good hopes and we’re moving hard.”

Head coach Justin Koons is similarly confident, noting that the Redhawks’ tough season has played a key role in preparing them for this meet.

“We had a really tough dual to start the year, so we’ve had a lot more competitions to prepare us ready for this one,” Koons said. “I think we have a chance to win because we’re pretty equal, but we’re just as young as [the other teams] are so we’re going to have to compete. I wanted to schedule them to kind of see where we are and looking at the numbers. I can’t predict anything but I’m hopeful. As always it’s just working on the areas where we’re making mistakes and the positions we’re in. In every position there are good and bad things to do, and if you do one bad thing it can cost you the match, so we want to minimize the mistakes.”