Opinion: If you put it up, please take it down

Keegan Sanders

Ariela Rodrigues, Guest Contributor

With more than 2,000 students here on campus, club or organizations do whatever they can to help spread the word about the activities of their group. In pretty much every hall in school you can see banners or flyers on the walls with an announcement for some upcoming event. But when the event is over, please take these banners and flyers down.

Walking down the back staircase the other day, a cheer tryout announcement still hung on the wall, yet cheer tryouts were at the beginning of March. Feel free to put up flyers to let people know what’s going on in your club or organization or sport, but whenever the information is irrelevant, so is the flyer is on the wall.

When these flyers aren’t taken down in a timely manner, the wall soon gets caked with so much paper that you can’t even see what the flyers say. Moreover, when pinning a flyer up on hallway walls, find different places to put them. With all the banners on the walls, it’s hard to make sense of them all.

So please, whenever you put up a flyer, don’t forget to take it down. When they are out of date they become annoying. It’s nobody’s responsibility except for yours to take down the banners when it’s not relevant anymore.

Besides, by taking down flyers and banners when they are out-dated, other clubs can hang up their announcements. If everybody cooperates people can quickly and prominently display what they need to say and the cycle continues.