• April 26 is a bad weather make-up day (if needed)
  • Prom tickets are on sale, and the dance is on April 13

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 4/4 is varsity track and field athlete, sophomore Cecelia Rowe.
Featured Athlete: Cecelia Rowe
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start participating...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/28 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nick Smith.
Featured Athlete: Nick Smith
Lilian Johnson, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing baseball? Smith:”I...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/21 is varsity girls’ golfer, sophomore Olivia Murphy.
Featured Athlete: Olivia Murphy
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing golf? Murphy:...

View All
Upcoming Games
Liberty
Memorial
Apr 16 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Lebanon Trail
Apr 17 /6:30 / Softball
Liberty
did not qualify
Region II-5A Tournament
Apr 17 / Girls Golf
Liberty
Memorial
Apr 19 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Regional 2-5A Championships
Apr 19 / Track and Field
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 23 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 25 /7:30 / Baseball
April 16 Daily Update
April 16 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • April 16, 2024

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and announcements including battle of the books, Red Rhythm Spring Show, and today's sports.

Tenders, fries, and Best Buddies

Olivia Pulley
Best Buddies is celebrating Inclusion Week on campus. The chapter has planned a variety of activities, from trivia to dress up days, to celebrate.

The Best Buddies Club met at Raising Cane’s on Wednesday for their annual Cane’s Night, and had a night filled with food, fun, and friends. The Best Buddies Club, which is a part of the national Best Buddies Organization, allows students to be paired up with a student with special needs. Buddy pairs go to after school activities together, hang out outside of school, and text daily.

“Best Buddies is a good opportunity because you grow great bonds with your buddies and It’s just a really good experience for everyone,” sophomore Caitlyn Ruback said. “I was really excited for Cane’s night, and I think that it was so much fun!”

Cane’s night is just one of the many Best Buddies events throughout the year, and yet it is one of the most popular.

“It was one of our best social events this year,” special education teacher Cynthia Kays said. “We had a great turn out!”