• April 26 is a bad weather make-up day (if needed)
  • Prom tickets are on sale, and the dance is on April 13

Love is in the air at the Redhawk Romance Rally Friday

• Competing for the ultimate prize, the romantic couples on campus completed a series of games to win a teddy bear. This event was at a Romance Rally held by Student Council during advisory.

• Juniors Mia Michael and Jonathan Banks (pictured) won the couples competition. The pair earned a teddy bear as a prize.

• In the Valentine’s spirit, cheerleaders wore pink uniforms for the rally. The cheer team performed a special routine for the rally.

• Romantic love was not the only type of love that was celebrated at the Romance Rally. Juniors Bea Dunlop, Olivia Forden, and Addyson Schick smile as they celebrate friendship.

• Top of the District 10-5A table and undefeated in District play, the Redhawks girls’ basketball team now moves onto playoffs. The team will take on Creekview in the opening round of the UIL 5A state playoffs.

• Seniors came down from the bleachers onto to the court to sing the school song. For many, it will be their last time singing the fight song as Redhawks.

• Senior Collin Smith is one of many band members who create the soundtrack of a pep rally. The fine arts were decked out in Valentine’s gear to keep the energy high.

Student council is hosting a Redhawk Romance Rally with a theme of Valentine’s Day during advisory on Friday. According to student council event planner and senior Malia Willingham, this semester’s pep rally stands out from the previous rallies.

“Normally, we only have [pep rallies] at the beginning of the year, and it is right in the prime of football season,” Willingham said. “This pep rally is going to be Valentine’s themed, so we will have lots of fun games that are love-themed, and we will get to recognize a lot of the spring sports to hear about their upcoming seasons.”

According to student council president and senior Haley Ward, planning a pep rally during the spring semester gives them the opportunity to celebrate and highlight the accomplishments made by all sports teams, regardless of what semester they are active during. 

“We wanted to have a spring pep rally this year to celebrate the spring sports we have on campus,” Ward said. “We always have a fall pep rally that focuses on the fall sports, so one of our goals for this year was to have a pep rally that highlighted the other sports we have on campus.”

To prepare for the Valentine’s Day theme, student council has been preparing decorations and games.

“Since this pep rally is a Valentine’s Day pep rally all of the games have something to do with love,” Ward said. “There will be a competition where couples on campus compete against other couples. We tried to really incorporate the theme into all parts of the pep rally. We also have performances from drill team, percussion, and cheer.”

Senior Parinita Chilukuri is looking forward to a festive event to showcase some school spirit.

“I am looking forward to going to the pep rally and to show some school spirit,” Chilukuri said. “I think the theme of Valentine’s Day for this pep rally is a great way to be festive for this February.”

Seeing the school come together to have fun is something that Willingham looks forward to.

“Personally, I love pep rallies and seeing the school come together to just have some fun, so I am excited to have another one,” Willingham said.