The Weekly: spring fashion

For many people, a birthday is a yearly occasion. But for others, like drill team director Nicole Nothe (pictured), the event only comes once every 4 years: on Leap day.
Redhawks with Leap day birthdays get their chance to celebrate
Aditi Shah, WTV Staff Reporter

For certain people on campus, Thursday marks a very...

February 29 Daily Update
February 29 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 29, 2024

Wingspan's Haley Ward brings you today's news and announcements, including the varsity girls basketball team heading to state, leap day birthdays,...

Redhawks soccer look to soar over Lebanon Trail

Addyson Schick
Soccer steps back onto the pitch Friday to take on Lebanon Trail. The boys will look to extend their two game win streak, while the girls search for their first win.

Redhawks soccer takes on Lebanon Trail on Friday, as the girls continue their search for their first win, while the boys hope to extend their two game win streak.

The girls currently sit at the bottom of the District 10-5A table with a record of 0-5, but with a three-way tie for first place the race for the playoffs is very close.

“They are ranked higher than us currently in the standings,” head coach Kyle Beggs said. “But the thing about our district [is] everybody is very close together, it’s hard to separate the teams’ talent wise. It will be a good challenge for us. You know I think it comes at a good time and gives us a chance at a win.”

After beating Emerson 2-0 on Tuesday, the boys have confidence heading into Friday’s match, hoping to keep up their hard work on Tuesday.

“We did really solid at keeping possession of the ball and looking to make runs,” senior Carsten Swallow said. “Our defense held their line really well too.”