Two softball players sign with colleges

With her parents looking on, Madi Bryant signs her Letter of Intent to continue playing softball at West Point.

provided by Madi Bryant

Arman Kafai, Lead Sports Reporter

Even though the school year is wrapping up, some student athletes are still signing letters of intent to continue their athletic career in college. On Monday, seniors softball players Madi Bryant and Jessie Lyle committing to continue their softball careers, with Bryant signing with West Point and Lyle signing with Central Christian College of Kansas.

“I’m extremely excited for the opportunity,” Bryant said. “I’m a little nervous but also since I’m going to serve, it’s a little expected but I’m eager to take on the challenge.”

“I’m excited to play softball for the next four years,” Lyle said. “I’ve been playing softball my whole life and the school I’m going to is so small so I’ll get to know everybody and it’ll be a great education for me.”

The girls’ are appreciative of their coaches and the life lessons they taught them throughout their years on campus.

“They taught me a lot,” Bryant said. “I can’t thank the coaches enough for the support they gave me throughout the school year.”