Yearbook distribution begins

After a years work on the 2015-2016 yearbook, the yearbook staff is distributing the finished yearbook at lunches Wednesday.

Amber Holt

After a year’s work on the 2015-2016 yearbook, the yearbook staff is distributing the finished yearbook at lunches Wednesday.

Amber Holt, Staff Reporter

Yearbooks are now available, with the yearbook staff distributing yearbooks during lunch Wednesday or after school Wednesday and before school Thursday in C147. If you have not ordered a yearbook yet, there will be a limited number of extra books that can be bought during distribution.

The theme of the book is “At Liberty,” and it revolves around the things students do at school and the reasons why the school is different.

“I love the theme of ‘At Liberty’ and I think it is one of the best jobs I have ever seen at developing a theme, and carrying it through,” Babineaux said. “We went to modular design this year, which I have had somewhat of a hard time with because it is different from what we have done in the previous years. It is the more modern type of design.”

The yearbook staff is also distributing extra autograph pages with yearbooks if students want extra space for messages from their friends.
Amber Holt

The cover is designed on art canvas, thus the students are able to draw on the cover of their yearbooks.

“I would recommend the fine tip sharpies, so they can be personalized to one’s choices,” Babineaux said. “I think my favorite part of yearbook other than the covers design process is in the very beginning of the year when the students are trying to develop the ideas for the book and they get so excited, and that is so much fun to watch and the creativity that comes out and sometimes it is just downright silliness but that is where all of the creativity come from.”

The yearbook is in its tenth edition this year. With that they have made a special page that explains the history of the school.

“I love the page dedicated to the history of Liberty with a picture of the first staff of 23 at the beginning of the first school year,” Babineaux said. “I also love the divider pages, they are all just diamonds, and I love the golf and softball pages they are all so different.”