Fans flock to Kanye pop-up shop

Hundreds of fans began waiting in line Friday, Aug. 19 for the opening of Kanye Wests pop-up shop at Stonebriar Centre. West will make a stop in Dallas on Sept. 22  for a stop on his Saint Pablo Tour.

Arman Kafai

Hundreds of fans began waiting in line Friday, Aug. 19 for the opening of Kanye West’s pop-up shop at Stonebriar Centre. West will make a stop in Dallas on Sept. 22 for a stop on his Saint Pablo Tour.

Marisa Uddin, WTV Staff Reporter

Rapper and designer Kanye West will not be in Dallas until Sept. 22 for his “Saint Pablo” concert tour at the American Airlines Center, but this past weekend he opened 21 “pop-up” shops all around the world, including a location at Stonebriar Centre in Frisco. Giving just two days notice, thousands of fans, including numerous students on campus, lined up for hours to get the chance to buy merchandise from West’s exclusive retail line.

“I am a huge Kanye West fan,” junior Sourya Narala said. “He is one of my favorite rappers. West’s rap have a deeper meaning behind them, and his verses move me. As a sincere Kanye West fan, I felt like it was my duty to visit the Pablo pop-up store. This is one of the ways I can prove myself as a fan.”

West’s retail line consists of merchandise such as shirts, hoodies, hats and beanies with prices ranging from $45 to $325. Despite what many people think is a high price tag, students still spent the money in order to experience this rare event.

“Of course [West’s prices] affected what I bought,” junior Evan Burk said. “If money were no object, I would have bought one of everything. However, I’m good with one cool Pablo T-shirt.”