HAC down until Saturday

The Home Access Center hasnt been available for students and parents to see grades for the first three weeks of the school year but it is scheduled to go live Saturday after 4:00 p.m.

The Home Access Center hasn’t been available for students and parents to see grades for the first three weeks of the school year but it is scheduled to go live Saturday after 4:00 p.m.

Aliza Porter, Staff Reporter

The Student Learning Hub and HAC (Home Access Center) has been unresponsive for the past few weeks. Some students are anxious for the useful sights to start up.

Students are in their third week of school but there have been some technology issues with both the Student Learning Hub and Home Access Center. The HAC is scheduled to go live for students and parents Saturday, with the Student Learning Hub back online after sporadically working the first couple of weeks.

“The Learning Hub not consistently working actually has nothing to do with The Learning Hub,” FISD Director of Digital Learning Services Cheryl McDonald said. “The Learning Hub is working just fine. The problem was actually with our LDAP servers. We had Mac computers that were flooding the LDAP servers with request for information and preventing us from logging in to some of our applications. We have been busy pinpointing what was causing this to happen. We believe that we found the root cause to be an update to the web filter client on the Mac computers. It is always tricky troubleshooting with a network our size and with so many variables that go into making our network work and safe for everyone. We know that everyone relies on these applications for teaching and learning, so it can be very stressful for everyone when something isn’t working.”

Although the Student Learning Hub is back up, HAC will not be available for students and parents until Saturday.

Having to go without access to HAC for the first three weeks of school is a disappointment for many students who are concerned about their grades or who have concerning parents.

“I think HAC not being available to us until the 10th is kind of frustrating because we can’t see what we’re doing in class,” sophomore Vince Matrone said. “We can’t see what we’re working towards. I need HAC right now to check on what I’m doing and also so that my parents can see that I’m doing good in class and make sure I’m on top of my work.”