Parents to Meet the Teacher Monday night

Lucas Barr, Guest Contributor

The school is hosting Meet the Teacher Night on Monday from 6 – 8 p.m. This event will provide an opportunity for parents to meet with their children’s teachers and get the chance to ask about the curriculum.

“At meet the teacher night, teachers share information about what will be going on in class for the school year, and have an opportunity to connect with the parents,” social studies teacher Sarah Wiseman said. “It’s really nice to put a face with the parents names’, and vise versa, that you work better with a team.”

In a report published by report by the Center for Public Education, it was found that at the high school level, school activities can promote the parent’s role in maintaining high expectations for their children benefit students.

“At the secondary level, especially the high school level, Meet the Teacher Night is really more for parents and them feeling that they are connected to the school than taking care of any issues parents or students may have,” Principal Scott Warstler said. “It’s a night for your parents to come and give them a chance to meet your teachers and talk about what is going on in the classrooms instructionally can be discussed and that is the focus of the night.”

Parents and guardians will follow their children's daily schedule by starting with the A day schedule at 6:00 p.m. and switching to the B day schedule at 7:00 p.m. Meet the Teacher night ends at 8:00 p.m.
Parents and guardians will follow their children’s daily schedule by starting with the A day schedule at 6:00 p.m. and switching to the B day schedule at 7:00 p.m. Meet the Teacher night ends at 8:00 p.m.