Revived club hopes to help children

The first meetings of the revived UNICEF club are Monday. The club didnt exist on campus last year but  sophomores Ria Bhasin and Dea Divi are trying to restart the club.

Melody Tavallaee

The first meetings of the revived UNICEF club are Monday. The club didn’t exist on campus last year but sophomores Ria Bhasin and Dea Divi are trying to restart the club.

Melody Tavallaee, Guest Contributor

The school will once again have a UNICEF club if sophomores Ria Bhasin and Dea Divi have their way as the two are trying to restart the club after a year’s absence.

“The mission of this club is to fundraise for UNICEF and to spread their message so that we can also be part of something much bigger than ourselves,” Divi said. “After we leave Liberty, we should be wanting to help the children of the future and be able to support them and help them in any way.”

One of the club’s main goals is to draw attention to the importance of helping children around the world.

“We are so sheltered as a community and we don’t realize how lucky we are to be living the place that we live,” Bhasin said. “By advocating for these other people we can broaden our horizons.”

Along with hoping to raise awareness about international issues, the club also tries to work towards the goal of an improved future.

“Each meeting will be designated an impoverished country and there will be a powerpoint about what UNICEF does there,” Divi said. “There will also be updates about any volunteer opportunities or events that we will be hosting just to try to make a difference.”

The club encourages everyone to join in order to reach the greatest number of individuals to work together.

“Anyone who really wants to make a difference in the world should join,” Bhasin said. “If you want to be selfless, I think you will have a real passion towards helping others.”