FISD Portal streamlines student access

FISD Portal streamlines student access

After logging into the FISD Student Portal, Student Council President Jay Schlaegel checks out what he can do with the recently launched application.

Brooke Colombo, Staff Reporter

Frisco ISD has added a Student Portal as a way to easily access websites frequently used within the district. The Portal links students to sites such as Google Apps, Student Learning Hub, and some online textbooks. It also saves login information for Home Access Center and student emails.

“Our goal was to create one place where students could find many of the online resources that they might need for their learning,” FISD Executive Director of Technology and Media Services Melissa Fouche said in FISD news release. “We know it can be overwhelming for both students and parents to try to remember multiple URLs and passwords.”

Some students believe the new feature will be beneficial in helping them stay organized with various account information.

“Keeping up with passwords is difficult since all of them are different,” sophomore Keeley Lee said. “[The Portal] helps a lot so you don’t have to stress about all the passwords on top of all the schoolwork and extracurricular activities.”

Brooke Colombo, Editor-in-chief

Brooke Colombo is Editor-in-Chief of Wingspan, and has been involved in journalism since her freshman year. It’s been a year now, and present Brooke...