Filed under A&E

Music in the streets

The band walks, and plays, in local neighborhoods

Music in the streets

After playing at performing at Friday's football game in McKinney, the band took to local neighborhoods less than 12 hours later for its annual March-a-thon.

Sarah Philps

Sarah Philps

Sarah Philps

It was a busy start to the Labor Day weekend for the school’s marching band. First it was Friday’s football game in McKinney then it was Saturday’s March-a-thon through the Turnbridge Manor and Hunters Creek neighborhoods where the band played music to raise money for their yearly expenses.

As part of its annual March-a-thon fundraiser, the band spent Saturday morning marching through local neighborhoods including a stroll down Farmcote Drive.

Sarah Philips

Making their way through the Turnbridge Manor and Hunters Creek neighborhoods, the school's marching band filled the street, temporarily preventing cars from driving down it.

Sarah Philips
Making their way through the Turnbridge Manor and Hunters Creek neighborhoods, the school’s marching band filled the street, temporarily preventing cars from driving down it.

With supports walking along on the sidewalk, the band makes its way through the Turnbridge Manor and Hunters Creek neighborhoods as part of Saturday's March-a-thon.

Sarah Philips
With supports walking along on the sidewalk, the band makes its way through the Turnbridge Manor and Hunters Creek neighborhoods as part of Saturday’s March-a-thon.

The band marched through the neighborhoods and played show music and mini concerts hoping to raise money for the year.

Sarah Philips

Sarah Philips, Editor-in-chief

Sarah Philips is a senior and highly involved in the school. She has competed in UIL Journalism all four years of high school, and placed fifth in News...