• Jostens will be on campus Wednesday to take graduation orders

• Tennis team is the area champion after beating Texas High 10-6 Thursday

Peek ahead at the 2017-18 year in sports

From+a+new+boys%27+basketball+coach+to+the+girls%27+team+losing+three+seniors%2C+the+2017-18+school+year+will+feature+several+interesting+storylines+to+follow+writes+sports+editor+Keegan+Williams.+
From a new boys' basketball coach to the girls' team losing three seniors, the 2017-18 school year will feature several interesting storylines to follow writes sports editor Keegan Williams.

Jennifer Hernandez

Jennifer Hernandez

Keegan Williams, Sports Editor

NFL draft

With the opening of The Star last year, and the many opportunities it has, Frisco has become a prime contestant for the 2018 NFL Draft. Although retail construction still going on with numerous restaurants and a hotel set to open by 2018, the entire facility is expected to be ready by May 2018.

Changing dynamics of teams

Many sports on campus will see a change in the way they are run, as several coaches are leaving and handing the program to someone new. Softball is one sport that will be looking different as head coach Martha Richard will be leaving to teach at Reedy. Girls’ soccer will also be changing as head coach Cissy Blaisure will become a guidance counselor at the school and boys’ basketball will have its third new coach in three years as Danny Melton also stepped down.

Girls’ basketball

For the first time in four years, the girls’ basketball program will be without three star players as seniors Rebecca Lescay, Jordan Hamilton, and Sydney Keller graduate. Playing together since elementary school and making it to the state championship their junior year, these players have left big shoes to fill by their younger teammates.

Football seeks a return to the playoffs

Having not made it to the playoffs since 2010, this year’s team is ready to make a change. Last year, the team had a close run, falling one game short of clinching the 4th place spot in district play with the team hoping to take the next step and qualify for the postseason.