Cafeteria now a place to fuel self and phone

Featuring+8+cords+to+serve+a+variety+of+devices%2C+the+two+charging+stations+donated+by+student+council+can+be+found+in+both+corners+of+the+cafeteria.+

Featuring 8 cords to serve a variety of devices, the two charging stations donated by student council can be found in both corners of the cafeteria.

Brooke Colombo, Editor-in-chief

In addition to the many other changes this school year has brought, student council has installed two charging stations in the cafeteria.

“At the end of the year, we were looking at the [Student Council] budget, and decided what to do with some money we have surplus wise, and [the students] wanted to do something that would be available to the whole student body,” StuCo sponsor Jordan Benton said. “A lot of high schools in frisco already have them, like Reedy and Lebanon Trail, so they reached out to them to ask how many they had and where they had them. We decided to start with two and see how it goes over with the student body.”

Each charging station includes eight cords that can connect a variety of different devices with the two stations at the far left and right of the cafeteria.

“It’s smart,” freshman Charlie Knight said. “Outlets aren’t all over the place in [the cafeteria] and it gives us a place to charge our phones without teachers getting mad.”

But for senior Rabita Rahman, the stationary charging stations will probably not be utilized.

“I think it’s kinda useless,” Rahman said. “I mean, it’s nice that they put it there, but nobody’s gonna stand there for long to charge their phone.”