Aggarwal achieves ACT perfection

Brooke Colombo

Honored by the FISD Board of Trustees Monday night, senior Sunjoli Aggarwal is just one of roughly .001 percent of students to receive a 36, the highest score possible on the ACT.

Brooke Colombo, Staff Reporter

Approximately .001 percent of the nearly 1.85 million students that take the ACT each year earn the top score of 36 with senior Sunjoli Aggarwal one of those select few. Monday she was honored by the Frisco ISD Board of Trustees for her achievement.

“I took a lot of practice tests and really just made sure that I payed attention to how the questions were asked because there’s a pattern,” Aggarwal said. “Once I got used to that pattern, the actual test just felt like a practice test.”

Aggarwal tries not to give too much weight into the ACT since there are many factors that go into the college application process.

“To me it’s just a metric that the colleges needed to see my work ethic,” Aggarwal said. “Apart from that I’m focusing on the other parts of the process.”

A perfect score on her ACT was something Aggarwal had aspired to do ever since taking her SAT test.

“I was one question away from a perfect score on my SAT, so I kind of aimed for one on the ACT,” Aggarwal said. “It was my goal, but I was still surprised that it actually happened.”