Frisco Bowl seeking students for sideline reporting

Students are invited to join the first ever DXL Frisco Bowl. The newly created DXL Frisco Bowl is a football game owned and operated by ESPN Events, which is a subdivision of ESPN, and is affiliated with the American Athletic Conference.

This is an opportunity to provide a real-life opportunity for a student to come on the sidelines throughout the bowl game,

— Director of Marketing Natalie Jenkins

The SMU Mustangs will face the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs in the DXL Frisco Bowl at Toyota Stadium on Dec. 20.

ESPN has agreed to partner with FC Dallas to host and manage the football game with Frisco ISD students having the opportunity to apply to be a sideline reporter of the frisco bowl.

“The student sideline reporter program is something that we developed to get the high school students of Frisco involved in this first year bowl game,” Director of Marketing Natalie Jenkins said. “You have great programs here in Frisco ISD, especially like the one here at Liberty High School, so this is an opportunity for the Frisco Bowl to provide a real-life opportunity for a student to come on the sidelines throughout the bowl game and provide updates to fans.“

The sideline reporter for the Frisco Bowl offers a unique experience for high school students as a part of its social media coverage for the game.

WTV’S Julia Savage is a finalist for the role of sideline reporter, something that fits with what she wants to do for a career.

Being a sideline reporter for the Frisco Bowl will help me a lot later on in life

— WTV staff reporter Julia Savage

“I think that being a sideline reporter for the Frisco Bowl will help me a lot later on in life because I am going to college for digital media and broadcast journalism, and if they see that I’ve had the experience being a sideline reporter then it will just make it easier for me to move up steps faster and show them that I’ve had that good experience.”

The winner of the DXL Sideline Reporter contest will be chosen based off of social media likes, favorites and shares. Twitter users can vote for Julie here.