A night off from Friday night lights

All things football related are getting a night off as Friday night is a bye week for the football team giving players, the drill team, band, student trainers and many others a rare fall Friday night off.

Halle Barham

Brooke Colombo, Staff Reporter

The usual Friday night lights won’t be shining bright this week as the football team has a bye. That means the football team, drill team, band and everybody else that takes part in football games get a night’s break from their usual obligations. But that doesn’t mean it’s a night off for everybody.

“On Friday [football] is doing conditioning to simulate a game since our bodies are used to playing on a weekly schedule,” senior varsity player Brandon Steele said. “We practice all week just like a normal week and kind of went back to the roots.”

Drill team has been working on its routines for next week’s game and contest season, but the girls get a night to rest Friday.

“Instead of going to a game this Friday I am taking time to relax,” line member Andrea Cobos said. “[I’m] pretty much just [watching] Netflix and Bob’s Burgers.”

With the Tournament of Champions marching contest Saturday at 4:30 p.m., band will be in action over the weekend so many of its members are ready for a break beforehand.

“I like bye week because it gives me time to catch up on things,” band member Cherri Yang said. “I’m going to catch up on sleep.”