Cake wars follows final act of improv season

Students+preparing+for+theatres+last+improv+show+of+the+year.+

Dea-Mallika Divi

Students preparing for theatre’s last improv show of the year.

Brooke Colombo, Editor-in-chief

Improv troupe will be performing their second and last improv show for the year Friday in the auditorium at 6:30 p.m. 

“The thing that I love about it is it’s completely student led and directed,” theater director Heather Willingham said. “They’ve improved a lot, they’re taking much bigger risks now, and so that leads to much better comedy, and they trust each other a lot more now than they did in the fall.”

Troupe members have met nearly every week to hone in on their improvisation skills in preparation for their second show.

“The improv show is a show we have been working to put together in our troupe all year,” freshman Kameron Askew. “It’s a cool way to challenge yourself in a fun way. When your onstage you have no script, so you never know how things will go. However there are simple improv rules you can follow to guide yourself.”

Admission for the improv show is $5 and will be immediately followed by the school’s first cake wars, with a separate $10 admission price, where students and faculty will be able to throw cake at one another.

“So basically the cake wars will be after the spring improv show and it’s a way to raise money,” sophomore Lauren Head. “Anyone can come, not just people in theatre, and teachers are welcome too, but you can buy a cake there and throw it at people, and it should just be a really fun way to raise money.”