• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Choir takes a final bow

Choir takes a final bow

The last Choir concert will feature the Varsity Choir, Women's Choir, Show Choir, as well as songs from the seniors.

Brooke Colombo, Editor-in-Chief

Choir will put on their last concert, featuring a mix of choral and contemporary music, Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the auditorium with no admission price.

“I think we have really kind of grown to understand what it’s like to sing with each other, to listen well, and to be aware of what other people are doing,” choir director Bruce Stevenson. “I think there’s more of a cohesiveness to our enjoyment of each other, but certainly, I think there’s more to our singing as well, because we’ve just using around the same people for nine months and that happens.”

The concert will also feature two songs from the varsity choir that they’ve arranged themselves— “My Girl” by The Temptations from the men and “Chapel of Love” by the Dixie Chicks from the women.

“At first it was really stressful because we didn’t know it was going to be performed for the concert, and we didn’t know we had so much leeway where we can do kind of whatever we want,” sophomore Kia Dunlop. “Once we kind of got into it, and added everything, it was very fun.”

There will also be a senior quintet giving their final high school performance of “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles.

“I’m sad because I’ve been in choir since freshman year and I love Mr. Stevenson,” senior Andrea Cobos said. “It’s more symbolic of the fact that now I have to go and start my life, and [choir] was one of the things I really liked throughout high school.”

Brooke Colombo, Editor-in-chief

Brooke Colombo is Editor-in-Chief of Wingspan, and has been involved in journalism since her freshman year. It’s been a year now, and present Brooke...