Redhawks tip off in final non-district tournament

Boys’ basketball gears up for the district season in their final non-district tournament on Thursday. Redhawks will kick off their district season next week on Tuesday against Frisco High School.

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

With District 9-5A competition tipping off next week, boys’ basketball competes in their last non-district tournament on Thursday and Friday before entering the full swing of season.

“Honestly I just hope that we get better,” head coach Stephen Friar said. “In tournaments you can’t always look at things from the lens of wins and losses. When you potentially play five games in three days at the varsity level, there are a lot of factors that go into how are games could go. Each game we play we try to be true to ourselves and use these opportunities as a chance to get various players involved in high level games.”

Entering the tournament with a 4-3 record, the boys face off against the Timberview Wolves in their first game of the tournament on Thursday at Timberview at 1:30 p.m.  

“I feel great about this tournament,” senior Zion Richardson said. “There are some tough teams in the tournament that we may face and that could really help us get better and see where we are at as a team.”