Tennis braves the cold at North Pool Tournament

Katharina Santos

Tennis played for the opportunity to advance to Regionals at the District 9-5A tournament. Both junior Sarvesh Ramachandran and sophomore Yatin Pokle will move on to Regionals at Allen High School on April 17, 2019.

Katharina Santos, Staff Reporter

The Redhawks’ tennis team continues its spring season on Friday at the North Pool Tournament which will feature teams from Frisco ISD, along with teams outside of the district, such as McKinney North, McKinney Boyd, The Colony, Plano Senior, and Prosper.

Their last tournament was cancelled because of rain, but Friday’s cold weather won’t be stopping the team from playing.

“I know the weather says that it’s supposed to be really cold, below 30 I believe it’s what it said,” senior Sydney Graff said. “I know that the only way that our tournament would get postponed would be if it rained so I plan on just bundling up for the day.”

With additional time to prepare from the bye week, freshman Tracy Nguyen is ready to play at the tournament and is ready to show off what’s she’s been working on.

“We had an extra week to prepare for this tournament,” she said. “I’m just going to go out there and show what I’ve been working on during practice.”