Dance students get master class lesson

Dance students get master class lesson

Dance students were met with a new experience as Kaylee Page, a dance student at University of North Texas led them in a master dance class. Outside dance instructors come annually to give dancers new techniques.

provided by Nicole Nothe

provided by Nicole Nothe

provided by Nicole Nothe

Ashvita Girish, Guest Contributor

A new face was teaching dance students on Thursday as Kaylee Page, a dance student at University of North Texas, led dance students and NHSDA members in a master class session.

“My advice to the kids is to really put your ‘all’ in it,” she said. “You don’t have to be the most flexible, you don’t have to have the best technique, but if you have the passion for it then your set.”

Bringing in outside instructors at least once a year, the master class sessions teach dance students different techniques they can incorporate in their own dances.

“In working with new instructors dancers are exposed to new perspectives in dance which creates opportunities for new connections to be made for the dancers,” assistant dance director Marina Gonzalez said. “Hosting department-wide master classes establish a heightened sense of community between our classes.”

Working with new instructors dancers are exposed to new perspectives in dance, creating opportunities for new connections to be made for the dancers.

“It was really fun,” junior Khania Milner said. “It was just an eye opening experience because having someone come from a small town similar to me. We didn’t have dance at all where I used to live. So when I moved here last year you guys had dance and all these sports that we didn’t have so it was really cool to have that connection and to have someone that doesn’t focus on if your doing the dance perfectly but telling you that if your working hard then you’ll succeed.”